the earth without art is just eh

I don’t know where I got that quote. That phrase I use for the title of this post. It doesn’t matter. Good things should be passed along. I believe the originator would be happy to have it passed along without a particular credit. There is satisfaction in having things go out there no matter (almost no matter) where they emanate from.

This is a small piece. 19″ wide by 12″ tall. I’ve decided to do some pieces that aren’t big. It was as it always is. A torture and a joy to create. Now that it’s “finished” (is anything ever finished?) I’m satisfied. Maybe even pleased. Thank you for coming to see it.

profile

8 thoughts on “the earth without art is just eh

1. Ron van Wiggen November 10, 2015 / 6:53 am

Good to see you going again.
    How did the exhibition work out by the way?

• Renee-Lucie Benoit November 10, 2015 / 3:19 pm

Which one? I did not get into the Marin Musem of Contemporary Art Drawing Show. Not “sophisticated” enough. Drawing can constitute a few swaths of ink strokes on paper. I have not sold anything anywhere but no matter. I like doing this. And I will continue to do it. I’m not doing it for the money. Fundamentally.

• Ron van Wiggen November 10, 2015 / 5:53 pm

You were about to publically show that drawing you did of me. Can’t remember where.

• Renee-Lucie Benoit November 10, 2015 / 6:16 pm

Oh that went very well in the sense that my stuff got out in public. Again nothing sold but I got a lot of compliments which is always nice. People don’t buy portraits of other people unless there’s some social significance (Elvis Presley). See that’s OK. I just like to do them.

2. Donna November 10, 2015 / 12:19 pm

I love this. The blank space allows me to place my arm around you and say, wow I’m glad you’re back!

3. Linda November 24, 2015 / 5:00 am

I love this….I see this stance often, she reminds me of someone here.

• Renee-Lucie Benoit November 24, 2015 / 5:51 am

Thanks Linda! Glad you like it. I like drawing people from this way of life.