Le “Woodsman” est arrivés

woodsman

A man knows when he has found his vocation when he stops thinking about how to live and begins to live.”
Thomas Merton

This drawing is a little bit of a departure from my previous ones in that it doesn’t involve a cowboy hat. However, I rest in confidence that it joins the rest of my drawings appropriately. There is a hat in it after all. I particularly liked the image of the snow dusting the clothing and face of the subject. It was challenging. The colors weren’t as strong as in my other drawings. There were lots of little details in the cloth and the dusting of snow. I oversimplified the forest behind him. I want the viewer to focus on the subject and just get the idea of the woods. This man is a true woodsman. He lives in Sweden. I feel honored to be able to draw this image.

7 thoughts on “Le “Woodsman” est arrivés

1. Donna March 17, 2015 / 1:51 pm

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world. ~Louis Armstrong

• Renee-Lucie Benoit March 17, 2015 / 3:02 pm

I love that quote from Louis! Thank you for your positive support!

2. Ron van Wiggen March 17, 2015 / 3:20 pm

I am blown away…..
    Damn, you make me look good woman! 😉

Seriously the honor is all mine. I really, really like it.
    Thank you so much.

• Renee-Lucie Benoit March 17, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Sorry RvW. I can’t make you look good. You do look good and all I have to do is follow the form.

3. BeeHappee March 19, 2015 / 9:37 am

Wow, Renee, I really like this one. Lucky Ron. 🙂 I wonder if you would be interested in making one of my little boy.

• Renee-Lucie Benoit March 19, 2015 / 3:08 pm

I would but as you can see I don’t work with the “traditional” frontal image. If you can get me an unusual angle and high res I will do it and be thrilled! Uncomplicated back ground also. I like blocks of tone. My other works can serve as examples. Oh! And a hat! Does your boy ever wear hats?

• BeeHappee March 19, 2015 / 3:28 pm

I will look through to see what I can find. 🙂